If you are a student from outside Germany and want to enrol for a complete degree course with us, you will have to submit your application via uni-assist – the University Application Service for International Students. This also applies if you are studying in Germany already at the moment.
How to apply through uni-assist:
You can find the application form and further information on the application process on the uni-assist website.
- Register online using the application tool and print out the application form
- Make sure you sign the application form before sending it
- Also make sure to include all of the documents listed below. (Even if you want to submit applications for more than one university, uni-assist requests only one set of documents.)
- Finally you will have to pay the application fee on the day you submit your application
These are the documents you need to include in your application and send to uni-assist
- tabular CV, including a current photograph
- officially certified photocopy of your higher education entrance qualification
- officially certified photocopy of your bachelor’s or Diplom degree certificate (especially if you are applying for a master’s degree programme)
- officially certified photocopies of any certificates, transcripts of records or grades you received at any university or similar institution you previously attended
- officially certified photocopy of the certificate proving your English language proficiency
- proof of German language proficiency – optional, this only applies if you want to enrol in a programme taught in German
uni-assists asks for all certificates to be provided in both the original language and German or English. If you are including a certificate that is issued in English (or German) as well as in a third language, you will not have to provide a translation. If you are sending certificates in another language than English or German, please include officially certified translations into either of the two languages. Do not send original documents.
Before sending off your application, make sure you are sending certified copies (and translations) and check that you have signed your application. This is absolutely necessary as uni-assist cannot process it otherwise.
Please send your application to the following address:
c/o UNI-ASSIST e. V.
Please note: Applications sent directly to FUAS cannot be processed, so do not send your application to FUAS.
Deadline for applications submitted via uni-assist
The application deadlines depend on when you want to start studying with us: If you want to start your studies at FUAS in the summer semester, there are two deadlines: The latest possible date for your application to reach uni-assist is 1 January of the same year, i.e. 1 January 2017 for the summer semester 2017. However, to speed up the process and make it easier for you to apply for a visa in time, find accommodation etc. please try and stick with the earlier deadline of 15 November of the year before you want to take up your studies, i.e. 15 November 2016 for the summer semester 2017.
If you want to start studying at FUAS in the winter semester, the absolute latest date for your application to arrive with uni-assist is 1 July of the same year, 1 July 2017 for the winter semester 2017/18. The earlier deadline that will allow for more time for you to plan your move, apply for a visa etc. is 15 May of the same year, i.e. 15 May 2017 for the winter semester 2017/18.
Too confusing, here is an overview:
You're applying for summer semester:
- latest possible deadline: 1 January of the same year (1 January 2017 for the summer semester 2017)
- preferred, earlier deadline to give you more time for visa application etc.: 15 November of the year before (15 November 2016 for the summer semester 2017)
You're applying for winter semester:
- latest possible deadline: 1 July of the same year (1 July 2017 for the winter semester 2017/18)
- preferred, earlier deadline to give you more time for visa application etc.: 15 May of the same year (15 May 2017 for the winter semester 2017/18)
Here are some more tipps:
- Keep to these deadlines. If you have not submitted your complete application by these dates, your application can only be considered for the following semester or year.
- We strongly recommend that you send your complete application three to six weeks in advance to these deadlines to give uni-assist and us sufficient time to deal with any enquiries that might arise.
- Check this document for an overview of all relevant legal information on the admission requirements for our master's degree programmes.
- If your application meets all the formal requirements, uni-assist will forward them to Flensburg University of Applied Sciences. We will then send you a letter of approval or a letter of rejection along with further details.
- If your application does not meet the formal requirements, you will be contacted by uni-assist with more specific information. Please understand that your documents cannot be returned to you and that you will have to submit a new application at the next opportunity.
Your data will be stored by uni-assist for a period of four years before being destroyed. During this period the data will be available only to uni-assist and the university or universities that you applied for.