At the International Office we are in charge of coordinating all of FUAS’s international activities. This includes the support of incoming students, i.e. students from abroad studying at FUAS, as well as helping outgoing students, students enrolled at FUAS wishing to spend time abroad. We want you to be well prepared for your time away from home so that you can make the best of that experience. We also offer information and advice to members of staff wanting to teach at one of our many partner universities.
Our main responsibilities and tasks are:
International Student Support:
- we support and assist our students from abroad with information on degree programmes as well as advice on everyday life in Flensburg
- we organise events for our international students
- we coordinate a wide range of activities related to our international students through funding provided by the German Academic Exchange Service
Student Exchange Programmes:
- we organise and coordinate international student exchange programmes (i.e. we will support students by providing information, managing application and admission procedures, managing grants and other funding)
- we support FUAS’s students who want to spend a semester abroad in close collaboration with the coordinators at each of FUAS’s faculties and courses of study
- we work together with international exchange programmes as well as funding and scholarship agencies and conduct the application and interview process
- we manage FUAS’s network of partner universities around the globe and try to find new partners for new cooperation projects
- we coordinate FUAS’s various international cooperation programmes
- we support and assist our guests from abroad
Information and Advisory Services:
- we manage and develop information material on exchange programmes, funding schemes and our international partner institutions and make this material available to FUAS’s staff and students, this also includes setting up and holding information events
- we also provide individual consulting and support for all members of FUAS (students, lecturers, staff) in all matters concerning studying, internships and research projects abroad and respective funding possibilities
- we support the preparation and implementation of new exchange schemes and cooperation programmes
At FUAS we welcome students from across the world taking part in the Erasmus+ or other exchange programmes every semester. In doing so not only do we give young people from around the world the opportunity to broaden their horizon academically as well as culturally, we do the same for our students and teaching staff.
¿Hablas español? Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Taler du dansk? - Do you want to learn a new language? Or do you want to improve your language skills in a language you already speak? Learning foreign languages will broaden your horizon and your range of skills. We offer several language classes - have a look for yourself.