Regulations for the exam period winter semester 2021/22-I:
The Schleswig-Holstein government issued a Corona bill on 21 April 2021 which allows the universities to implement a so-called “free shot” rule for assessment and exams.
- §5 para. 2 of the decree on measures relating to COVID-19 and the universities [Corona HEVO] also applies for the exam period winter semester 2021/22-I:
For all exams that are allocated to the summer semester 2020, the winter semester 2020/21 and the summer semester 2021 an additional attempt will be granted if the exam is held as an “electronic exam”, i.e. online and distance exam, due to the COVID-19 pandemic or if the type of exam specified in the Exam Regulations has been replaced by another type of exam.
- The free shot rule applies to assessment and exams which have been attempted but not passed.
- The free shot rule applies independently of how many attempts you already took for an assessment or exam.
- You do not have to apply for a free shot.
This means that in the exam period winter semester 2021/22-II you will have a free additional attempt (“free shot”) for all assessment and exams that will be held in digital form or online or which will be held as another type of exam than specified in the Exam Regulations. If you register for an exam, take it and fail, this attempt will not count as attempted. It will be as if you had not taken the assessment or exam.
So, as in all exam periods before this “corona semester”, these rules apply:
- Register for the exams in due time in order to be able to take them (the registration period starts on 28 July, the deadline is 4 August 2021, 12 noon, strict time limit).
- Only register for those exams you actually intend to take.
- If you are unable to take an exam due to illness, you do not have to hand in a doctor’s note.
Good luck with your exams! And we hope you will stay healthy and focused when preparing for them.